Monday, June 10, 2013

It's the 5 Day Count Down! (Please sing the tune Final Countdown with that...thanks)

I have officially come to my last week in the States before I finally head off to Wewak, Papua New Guinea. People are starting to ask my if I'm getting antsy, nervous, or even homesick and my response to them is absolutely not! I could not be any more excited for this trip! I have a lot to accomplish before I head off on my 6 week extravaganza, but I could not be any more excited for Saturday to finally arrive :D. The reason I decided to set up this blog is pretty simple; I'll be out of the country for 6 weeks, and I know a lot is going to happen in those 6 weeks, so instead of trying to remember everything that happens and tell all those stories when I get back, I will email my sister updates so my awesome blog readers will be a little better "in the know" than the average Joe (hehe that rhymed).

This is my first introductory post so I can kinda see how this here blogging thing works and get all the loose ends figured out. I hope to post later in the week post again to give you guys more details on my flight plans and how long I will actually be traveling!

I just want to give a quick thank you for everyone who has supported me on this trip. This is a major event in my life, and I am blown away everyday when I think about how gracious people were to help me out with finances and other tasks that came about in these last 6 months. Please keep me in your prayers that God would prepare my heart and mind for the amazing journey I am about to embark on!

Over and out for now folks,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment